Formal Request: "Old Miva Guy SMT Compiler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formal Request: "Old Miva Guy SMT Compiler"

Can we old miva folks get the SMT compiler to flag coding errors like "<mveval expr="{}">" (or even just using "{}")
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. We'll put it in the next engine release.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Can we old miva folks get the SMT compiler to flag coding errors like "<mveval expr="{}">" (or even just using "{}")
      Can you clarify what exactly you're looking for? I just tried compiling

Code:
      <mvt:eval expr="{}" />
      and I get the error "Line 1: Expression compilation failed: Invalid Argument '{' Found in expression"
      David Carver
      Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

<mvif expr="{g.foo}">

</mvif>

will compile.

as will

<mvassign name="l.thisvalue" value="{g.foo}">

as i said, this is an 'old miva man' problem. been typing those out for years and they look just fine to me :)

I'll try to keep track of other similar issues. The compiler DOES catch things like <mvt:assign name="l.localClown" value="{ g.foo }"> cause it identifies the smt call MVT:...it's when you, out of habit, use mv that problems arise. Honestly, i was impressed you'd look into this since it affects about 6 people :) But, I guess it would be handy for someone converting a mivascript snippet to SMT. (I have seen that in the forums when people find a function lying around and don't realize it was for mivascript and not SMT.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X