Wish Lists and Product Attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish Lists and Product Attributes

I wish that the Wish List feature would keep the product attributes in the same order that they appear when in the shopping basket. We have recently spent time/money to enhance the wish list feature to create a "save for later" feature for our customers (in hopes to reduce the amount of complaints that baskets are empty). We were disappointed to learn that when the product moves to the Saved for Later area (which is essentially a wish list), the product attributes sometimes appear in reverse - and sometimes in a random order. In fact, if you continue to move the item back and forth from the basket to the wish list area, the order of the attributes will often change. I would think that this feature was not intended to behave this way. Since we use a TON of attribute templates in our store (and multiple templates per product), I hope this wish list feature can be altered so it behaves in an expected way (keeping the order of the product attributes constant from basket to wish list). Thanks!

Would it not be best to place your post in the bug section instead?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Thank you, Bill...I will do that as well. Thank you!

Comment

Bill - would you mind directing me to the board? I am relatively new to this forum....I have not upgraded to miva 9.07 yet....so did not think I should post it there....TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by davjav View Post
          Bill - would you mind directing me to the board? I am relatively new to this forum....I have not upgraded to miva 9.07 yet....so did not think I should post it there....TIA.
          https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...xx-bug-reports
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Hey davjav

I'm filing a bug on this and it will be fixed in the next release.

Originally posted by davjav View Post
            I wish that the Wish List feature would keep the product attributes in the same order that they appear when in the shopping basket. We have recently spent time/money to enhance the wish list feature to create a "save for later" feature for our customers (in hopes to reduce the amount of complaints that baskets are empty). We were disappointed to learn that when the product moves to the Saved for Later area (which is essentially a wish list), the product attributes sometimes appear in reverse - and sometimes in a random order. In fact, if you continue to move the item back and forth from the basket to the wish list area, the order of the attributes will often change. I would think that this feature was not intended to behave this way. Since we use a TON of attribute templates in our store (and multiple templates per product), I hope this wish list feature can be altered so it behaves in an expected way (keeping the order of the product attributes constant from basket to wish list). Thanks!
            Ryan Guisewite
            Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
            www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X