Separate Global Header/Footer tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Global Header/Footer tab

Minor, but I think overall admin experiance would benefit from having separate accordions for Headers and Footers, especially the Global ones.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

I second this.

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

I third this
      Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
      (770) 441-9447
      The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
      http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Oh, and maybe the ability to NOT show certain sections...I mean, when is the last time anyone used the 'misc colors' or 'body' accordion? :)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Last thing (oh yea sure)...rename the 'Reset' button to "Reload". I can't tell you the number of times I've told a client/miva user that this button reloads the last known version...they all assume it basically "resets" everything.
          Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

No P.P.S.??? :O

For header footer, you mean each one would be in their own tab section, right? So you could collapse header and footer separately?

In terms of not showing sections... Maybe. I can see the appeal of that. I'll add it to my list of things to look into. You could always just move them to the bottom of the screen/list of tabs (By reordering through the More dropdown > Edit Tab Display Order... Not the same, I know, but at least you wouldn't have to pass over them to get to where you want to go).

Oh Reset vs Reload. [mock sincerity] But Bruce, Reset resets everything back to the last saved version. [internal argument ensues] Reload reloads the last saved version. Reset is reverting all the unsaved changes you've made. Reload is actually reloading the page. I think we should just change the button text to "Yo, discard my changes and fetch me the saved ones!" Although... that might make that button just a teensy bit too wide ;) I'll make a note of it to discuss with the powers that be.

Thanks for the input and suggestions, Bruce. :)
            Ryan Guisewite
            Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
            www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
              No P.P.S.??? :O

For header footer, you mean each one would be in their own tab section, right? So you could collapse header and footer separately?
              Yes. Especially now as the template pages tend to move around a lot when Updated. (nother little bother. this maybe from using zoom though :) )

In terms of not showing sections... Maybe. I can see the appeal of that. I'll add it to my list of things to look into. You could always just move them to the bottom of the screen/list of tabs (By reordering through the More dropdown > Edit Tab Display Order... Not the same, I know, but at least you wouldn't have to pass over them to get to where you want to go).
              True, but as I said, the last time I used things like Body, Fonts, etc, I was using a quill pen to enter the parameters :)

Oh Reset vs Reload. [mock sincerity] But Bruce, Reset resets everything back to the last saved version. [internal argument ensues] Reload reloads the last saved version. Reset is reverting all the unsaved changes you've made. Reload is actually reloading the page. I think we should just change the button text to "Yo, discard my changes and fetch me the saved ones!" Although... that might make that button just a teensy bit too wide ;) I'll make a note of it to discuss with the powers that be.
              Ok, if you don't like Reload, use 'Revert'...cause you 'Reset' typically refers to an original state, where as Revert can refer to a more nebulous state. I bring this up mainly cause 1) I just realized what it does about a year ago. 2) EVERY client I mention this too is amazed that this is what it does and all assumed it 'Reset' the templates back to original :)

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

Ok, if you don't like Reload, use 'Revert'...cause you 'Reset' typically refers to an original state, where as Revert can refer to a more nebulous state. I bring this up mainly cause 1) I just realized what it does about a year ago. 2) EVERY client I mention this too is amazed that this is what it does and all assumed it 'Reset' the templates back to original :)
                Omg, I was afraid to click that button till today :-)

Can be also named "Cancel", but at least add :hover title with good description to the main buttons.
                Last edited by AHerb; 01-10-18, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X