Ability to split digital products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to split digital products

Every so often I have a customer order two copies of a digital product by accident. They then write in and ask that the order be corrected so they are only charged for one copy.

The ideal way to do this would be to split that item and then delete one of the resulting two line items. I was able to do this using the old eMediaSales digital products module. Unfortunately, using Miva's native digital products functionality, it's not possible to split a digital item in the admin to process a refund like this. It would be helpful if it were possible to do that.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Todd,

I ran this by our developers and they said that it's a known bug and we're looking to correct it in a future patch release.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

You might but a test on the basket screen (or OSCT) that looks for two of the same digital product and popup a notice. We did that with a site we manage that sells non-shipping stuff. (Seems that its common for folks to hit 'reload' on the basket screen or add things twice, especially when there no shipping as the really high shipping cost (double) is what stands out.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi oliverands

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, I have filed a bug so that it can be resolved in a future update.

Thanks

-Eric
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X