Canadian Provinces and the FedEx Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Provinces and the FedEx Module

The FedEx module won't return a rate when customers enter the full Canadian province or 3 character province abbreviation. It would be nice if this was fixed.

I'm sorry but this is due FedEx requiring the province abbreviation. The FedEx rate server does not know what to do with the province information if it's not the correct, two letter, abbreviation and returns an "invalid state or province code" error for anything else.

Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

It seems like it should be pretty simple to look for the standard entries one could expect. Can't the module do the conversion before sending the two character abbreviation to FedEx?

Comment

Our developers are aware of this limitation and as far as I know there are no plans to implement anything that would do that and anything that would, couldn't account for misspellings. If you ship a lot to Canada you might want to just add the provinces to your States list so your Canadian customers can simply choose the province from the same drop down list.

Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

I wouldn't expect anyone to account for misspellings, but it seems silly for the module to malfunction just because someone spells out Alberta. Thanks for the responses anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TFo View Post
            I wouldn't expect anyone to account for misspellings, but it seems silly for the module to malfunction just because someone spells out Alberta. Thanks for the responses anyway.
            What if they typed in albertha ? or britishcolumbia?

That's why the actual fix is to add provinces, with the correct abbreviations, to the "State" drop down and then remove the 'Province" label from other state (or remove the field altogether if not needed.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X