add a check to the trashcan on the coupon qualifying product listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add a check to the trashcan on the coupon qualifying product listing

It is very easy to accidentally delete products from the store when you are adjusting qualifying products for coupons. The delete icon in this context may (and has been ) be interpreted to mean delete from this list of qualifying products. But it actually deletes products from the store. A popup with a message "Do you really want to delete products permanently from this store?" would help keep this mistake from occurring.

i can't help but wonder where this forum server is located. It definitely isn't 5:55 pm where I am or in florida where some of Miva's servers are, or in California where ... some of Miva's servers are.

Comment

kayakbabe It shows 10:55AM for me... Strange.

Anyway, We actually filed a bug on this issue and it has been fixed for version 10 (which is, admittedly, a little ways off). The fix contains two parts. First, we moved the "delete" button out of the action bar (on all assign lists that support delete) and into the overflow button (see screenshot). This makes it visually a little more separate and you also get the text of the action right off the bat, rather than just an icon.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 11.41.04 AM.png

The second thing we did was change the alert message from the generic "Are you sure you wish to delete x records?" to a more specific one that will hopefully make what you're doing a little more clear. I think I actually like your wording of the warning/confirmation better, so I'll probably update to a variation of that.

If you think of anything else that would help with this problem, let me know. It's always "fun" trying to balance functionality with usability. ;)
      Ryan Guisewite
      Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
      www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
        [USER="15992"]It's always "fun" trying to balance functionality with usability. ;)
        Functionality and usability aren't truly opposed, although the illusion is strong within modern software development.
        Gordon Currie
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X