I want to add importance to certain searched fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to add importance to certain searched fields

I think the search results would benefit greatly if we were able to add importance to any searched field that we choose. For instance, I want to make my product code and product name fields more important than the product description. A priority ranking system would be nice, so each site manager could tell search where their most important data lives.

I think the search results would benefit greatly if we were able to add importance to any searched field that we choose. For instance, I want to make my product code and product name fields more important than the product description. A priority ranking system would be nice, so each site manager could tell search where their most important data lives.
    Agreed! There is a current field "boost" in Power Search that accomplishes this, just waiting for it to become possible with Miva's new search features.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Any update on this? I agree that this would be extremely useful. For example if the word appears in the product name it's boosted above those products that only have the word in the description.
      Susan Petracco
      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Ditto. We're moving from PowerSearch to native search and would love to have the ability to do this.
        Paul

Comment

Double Ditto! This is Very Needed!

Comment

Working...
          X