Middle-click in admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle-click in admin

Currently, middle-click in the admin panel will open up a new tab, which is awesome. Would it be possible to keep the current tab active, however? I often open products up quite a few at a time to do mass changes that can't be done from the list, and having to click back on the main tab makes my place easy to lose and takes more time.

This may be a javascript limitation, but just wanted to make the thread :)
    www.jcroffroad.com

This is a browser setting that differs by browser and you can modify that yourself. For example in FireFox that setting looks like this:

tab.JPG
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post
      This is a browser setting that differs by browser and you can modify that yourself. For example in FireFox that setting looks like this:

tab.JPG
      For standard links yes, in this instance I believe the Miva admin code is what's making the new tab active.
      www.jcroffroad.com

Comment

monkeyevil,

You're correct. It has to do with the way we're opening those new tabs. It's not direct (like opening a normal link), since we create a hidden form with a number of extra variables that we don't want in the URL and submit it via POST. Due to the nested frames (you'll notice that the top url is pretty much always just url/admin.mvc) and some other stuff (not wanting certain variables to get cached/logged in the URL), we POST it all, instead of using a GET request. What that all boils down to is the behavior you see now, which is not ideal. Every once in a while I come back to this problem, because I middle click links like crazy, but no new solutions have come up without larger structural changes.

I'll make a special note in my (now gigantic) list of things to see if we can alter in the next major version release. I like where your head is at though :) These are the types of things that make the experience better in a way that is subtle, but noticeable.
        Ryan Guisewite
        Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
        www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X