Miva Admin log does not log all UI template deletions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Admin log does not log all UI template deletions

Recently, someone (probably accidentally) deleted our very heavily modified Customer Order Confirmation email template from the store. As a result, no order confirmation emails were sent out. This problem has been fixed but when we inspected the "mivaadmin.log", there is no record of this deletion.

This is a serious omission. The log records dozens of other much lesser types of deletions but does not record the deletion of the email template. And of course, once it has been deleted, all the previous versions were deleted too, so that absolutely nothing remains, not even a paper trail to the culprit.

Deletion of templates should be added to the Miva Log asap.

Hi Pete,

I agree with you and have filed a bug. It should be included in the next released version.
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

I'm interested in what recovery options there are for these sorts of things? A Miva support ticket? I assume there backups of all types of data and an Email template usually doesn't change much so even a weekly or monthly backup would probably have something worth starting from. How hard is it to get something like this back? dcarver
      Colin Puttick
      Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post
        I'm interested in what recovery options there are for these sorts of things? A Miva support ticket? I assume there backups of all types of data and an Email template usually doesn't change much so even a weekly or monthly backup would probably have something worth starting from. How hard is it to get something like this back? dcarver
        You would have to open a support ticket as they would be able to answer all of those questions a lot better than I can.
        David Carver
        Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks David

Comment

In respect of recovery options, you should back up your templates every now and again and then copy the backups to your own computer. I had a backup that was about 10 months old and used that to restore the email template. As an aside, for some reason, the template contained some code that Miva refused to accept when I tried to create the "new" email template. I fixed the code in the area where Miva had a problem and then it worked fine. Nothing ever goes smoothly. Also, I had lodged a Support ticket and Support and I were solving the problem together. Except for the Thanksgiving weekend part. :( A perfect storm.

Comment

Not a bad idea to routinely backup the framework. While miva is probably the best host I've ever seen when it comes to backups (they are always there, they are relatively quick). Having your own copy means 10 minutes of downtime, not 30 to 60 minutes (or more, they are mostly human).
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                Not a bad idea to routinely backup the framework. While miva is probably the best host I've ever seen when it comes to backups (they are always there, they are relatively quick). Having your own copy means 10 minutes of downtime, not 30 to 60 minutes (or more, they are mostly human).
                haha. "mostly human." I like it.

Colin Puttick
                Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Working...
                X