Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price Groups: Apply only one discount regardless how many cat product assigned to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Groups: Apply only one discount regardless how many cat product assigned to.

Price Groups: Apply only one discount (highest) regardless how many categories product assigned to.

I had one product that I forgot it was assigned to more than one category that was on sale that was assigned to more category one 25% and the other 20% OFF, system gave 45% OFF item. We decided to honor it even though our published terms of allows us otherwise (Christmas Spirit).

It would be ideal for an option never to apply more than one discount per one product, unless I am missing something.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Hello Bill,

How do you have the price groups setup? As product discounts or do you have them setup as a basket discount or something else? Can you submit a ticket to support or email [email protected] so we can take a closer look?

Thank you,
    Peter

Comment

I'd be interested in how this plays out too.

I think that it was probably accurate the way the product was double discounted (unless you excluded the one price group by the other.)

It definitely gets sticky as you begin juggling more and more price groups... it took me quite a few tries to get our Cyber Weekend discount integrated properly so that we were not double discounting on top of our clearance items, promotions, and volume pricing to a point where we lost all of our margin.

Another idea might be to have a price group or coupon setting to create a maximum discount percentage threshold in the case of multiple price groups affecting a product's price.. but I suppose this too could get complex depending on how it's prioritized.
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Will let you know as soon as we get it figured out.
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I did some testing and the only way that I was able to have two price groups apply to the same order is that within the price group, the Exclusions section had the option of Allow Combination for all the price groups. When I adjusted a 25% off price group and changed the 20% off price group exclusion to Exclude for Same Basket, then during checkout, it only applied the 25% off instead of both the 25% and 20% off.

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
            I'd be interested in how this plays out too.

I think that it was probably accurate the way the product was double discounted (unless you excluded the one price group by the other.)

It definitely gets sticky as you begin juggling more and more price groups... it took me quite a few tries to get our Cyber Weekend discount integrated properly so that we were not double discounting on top of our clearance items, promotions, and volume pricing to a point where we lost all of our margin.

Another idea might be to have a price group or coupon setting to create a maximum discount percentage threshold in the case of multiple price groups affecting a product's price.. but I suppose this too could get complex depending on how it's prioritized.
            I did not set it up right.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
            X