Faster Order Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster Order Processing

One goal I have for 2019 is to decrease order processing times. Most of our time is taken up by editing attribute items to make them reflect the actual code for the item. For example, a customer orders size large t-shirt, we set the code to tshirt-lg. Once the batch gets imported into our DMS, that entry will point to the correct product code.

If you don't change the attribute items, the export file will include 2 separate lines for that item. One line contains attribute info and the other line does not. Even if there were only one line, our system doesn't know to grab the PROD_OPT field.

Is there a way to flatten this file to where PROD_CODE automatically becomes PROD_OPT for attributed items?

What other options do we have for exporting or syncing orders? (We currently use Export Orders To Flat File)

What are other admins using?

Thanks for the input!

Jamin Jones
    AOMC
    Jamin Jones, CEO
    the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

I was hoping the Inventory Kit Builder would solve all my problems but upon testing, it exports the same as a standard attribute item.
    Jamin Jones, CEO
    the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

Comment

You could use a custom Batch report module and some fairly simple conditionals to collapse the attributes into a single line. Or, create a file export attached to the INVC screen to do the same and then just ftp the file to where you need it. (This method, however, would not capture cancels and order modifications.)

Beyond that
      1) Any "Developer" should be able to create a customized module that would be more or less hands free or push button type operation. A good integrator could assist you with the other two options.
      2) there are a number of outside miva order management systems that could do this. For example: https://www.orangemanager.com/ or using Miva Syncro with QuickBooks.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Have you looked into this free module. I think this is what you are looking for:

https://apps.miva.com/variant-basket...placement.html
        Todd Gibson
        Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Working...
        X