Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Decimal Places for Cost and Weight

Hello Miva and Forum Members,
    I am re-posting this in the dream features forum to get a bit better visibility to this issue.

I have been reading through the forum to see if there was anything that I could do to increase the number of decimal places for our product weight in the admin section. Unfortunately, it looks like this was hard coded to 2 decimal places. This is really a strange decision as we sell many very small items and this throws off our shipping pretty significantly.

I took a look through the database and noticed that the weight field in the product table was also hard coded to 2 decimal places.

I honestly think this is just something that was overlooked as it is a very common requirement for many places that I have worked. Even our very inexpensive previous cart software allowed many more decimal places to be entered in this field.

For our current situation, we had to just pay a developer for Miva a bunch of money to make a custom weight field and integrate it into our site. I am still not very happy about this solution as it is a hokey workaround.

Please consider opening up the validation on the weight field and potentially the cost field as well. Thank you,
    --Scott

In the interim, you can check the default weight unit value in your store settings. Is it set to pounds or kilograms? If so, you can consider changing it to ounces or grams. Weights measured to the 1/100th of an ounce or gram should allow you to be quite accurate in setting up your products.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

We're adding all of these features in 10.0 by the way, which is still a bit off but wanted to acknowledge it's officially on the feature list.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        We're adding all of these features in 10.0 by the way, which is still a bit off but wanted to acknowledge it's officially on the feature list.
        That is absolutely amazing. This is going to be a big upgrade for us.

I hate to be that guy, but is 10.0 off by about a year, or less? :)

Thank you,
        --Scott
        Last edited by Rick Wilson; 01-10-19, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Scott,

We're aiming at Q4 of this year, but I'd put my confidence level at around 50% of us hitting that on time.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you very much! Sounds good to me.
            --Scott

Comment

Working...
            X