Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Category Should Save Sort Options

Hey Everyone,
    I would love to have the ability for a category to save how it is sorted, so that when I add a new product to that category, it will automatically sort the way I had it set up. Right now, my categories just throw new products at the end (bottom). This is tough to manage as we have new products frequently that have many categories. Anyone know a way to do this with the current version? Thank you!
    --Scott

You can change the default sort at the category level. If you want newest first, go to User Interface -> Pages -> CTGY -> Category Product List Layout and change the default sort to Newest.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hey Brennan,
      Thanks for the reply. That looks like it did exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much. This is a very valuable time saver for us.
      --Scott

Comment

Hey Miva Team,
        Just as a quick update, this worked well for categories with products directly in them, but it did not work for categories that had child categories in them. Is there another thing I shoudl be looking for to auto-sort children on parent categories? Thank you,
        --Scott

Comment

*removed and reposted so it doesn't seem like I hijacked this thread
          Last edited by kayakbabe; 01-14-20, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X