Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Provinces Forced to Use Full Name and Not Abbreviation

Hey Everyone,
    For the most user friendly experience when checking out, Canadian customers should be able to enter their province as either a 2 letter abbreviation or spelled out. For example, QB and Quebec should both be valid. Right now, USPS shipping quotes can handle this. For FedEx, it's requiring customers to spell out the province. Functionality should be standard across all carriers and be in the base code.

This would be a small but very useful thing to add.

Thank you!

--Scott

I agree. UPS also requires provinces spelled out for some countries like Canada but not for others... it's very odd. Seems like UPS and fedex might be in cahoots.
    You might ask Miva Design team to implement an improvement on your site. I had them do some code which offers a drop down for provinces for Canada, Australia in order to address this. Since they have already coded it. It shouldn't cost you as much as it cost me.

Comment

I believe the current States page lets you put in what you want.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X