Negative Discount Value (Upcharge) for Product Discount Price Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative Discount Value (Upcharge) for Product Discount Price Groups

Looking for a way to do Attribute Percentage-Pricing, or Negative Discount Value (Upcharge) for Product Discount Price Groups

I'm attempting to add a 20% surcharge to product variants that require custom sizing, or for products with a "rush" option.

Attributes can only be priced with fixed prices, not with percentage increases based on the master product's price.

My other thought was to assign the custom-size variants to a price group with a negative discount percentage, but the product discount price group will only accept positive values.

Any other suggestion on how to possibly set this up?

Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

I think you are going to need a 'custom' solution for this. I know Scott S has done quite a few versions of things like this (meaning 80% of the work is done), so might want to PM him. One idea you could pull off is the concept of a 'Tied' product. Basically, the Upcharge is a product ( U ) that is "tied" to the product requiring the upcharge ( T ). You then monitor the basket, and when ( T ) is added, you automatically add ( U ). Of course, you also have to modify quantity changes and removals.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Kent Multer has also done a percentage-based attribute pricing module. It was installed on one of my clients' stores and it worked well for them when they were using it. (They wound up going with a fully custom pricing module from Kent because their pricing needs were pretty complex.

Comment

Working...
      X