Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Order Statuses and Order Status Manual Update Procedure

Hi Everyone,
    I have seen this talked about for some time now, but we are looking to use custom order statuses and also would love a way to update these manually. Is there any plan for this still? Last I saw it was supposed to be in v9.7, but it is still not there in v9.13. Thank you,
    --Scott

Hello All -

We have requested having the option to change status on orders for the past 18 months and would really like to see Miva move on this project. This has become a major issue with our clients that really want to see the status of their orders on a regular basis. We build to order custom items that take up to 10 days to turn. Our Customer Service Team gets calls EVERY day regarding the status of their orders, "Just want to make sure you received my order...it still says Pending and when can we expect to see it ship?"

I know we can't be the only companies out there that need this capability. This is a basic function that really needs to be implemented. Looking for any willing partners to help fund this as a possible option to get it taken care of.

Thank You,

Bill

Comment

Hi Miva World:

We too have been waiting for this build for a while. This has really become a pinch point with our customers who continually call our customer support team to confirm that the order was received let alone processing. We need a way to have the status change automatically possibly using elapsed time to keep it simple. Having the ability to change specific order status manually would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill

Comment

Has there been any update on this topic?
        Marshall
        http://www.hmcdisplay.com
        http://www.churchonwheels.com

Comment

So long as you are not using it to trigger other processes (like Order Update Emails) the easiest (or fastest) way to do this is to use a custom order field. This field could be set to "order placed" when the order is created and you could have any number of other statuses available from a drop down list. Just make sure Admins have this Custom field shown under Order Processing and they can easily sort and search on it.

A batch report could be created to send out emails based on changed statuses, but that is a bit trickery.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X