Product-level shipping method restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product-level shipping method restrictions

Would love a way to have shipping restrictions on a product level. Some products have location restrictions and it would be great if we could limit these. If you only have one shipping method there is no way to limit this.
    Thanks,
    Christine

Well, IMO, you don't want folks to wait until they get to Shipping page to find out they can't order. So:

Create a message that Asks -- At the very beginning -- for folks to enter their State.
    Then, create a custom field for each product (and depending which has less) add the states where the product CAN and CAN'T be shipping. If Can't, disable the Add to Basket button.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

We would make reference to the shipping restrictions on the product page so the customer is aware.

I know we can hardcode something to get this to work. I'm hoping we can have this included in Miva so that coupons etc will still work with shipping restrictions. The restrictions are already there and they have this feature for payment methods on the product page. I'm hoping they can one day extent it to the shipping restrictions as well.
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

Not sure how product shipping exclusions the way I described (or any other method--to me that's just the most straightforward way of doing it now) would in anyway effect shipping. My bigger point is, you don't want people to place items in their basket, and then wait until they get to checkout to tell them they can't have it. People also don't read. The better UX is to stop them before they add to basket. (Even better would be to offer them a similar option that IS available to them.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X