Visual "work flow" or "wizard" for multistep things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual "work flow" or "wizard" for multistep things

Just today I had to remember to apply a price group to a coupon that I created a few days ago.

This could have been avoided if the steps to create a coupon & associated "price group" were all part of one interface/view. This wouldn't need to be a default action but having a "wizard" (to bring back a 1995 term) would be useful. I think the power of the CSV import tools are fantastic and, I also think that a tool that would assist folk with some of these tasks that require multiple elements to operate properly would be a kindness.

Yes. Been asked for a couple of times...but always willing to upvote another request for it. Basically, merging the idea of sequential bookmarks + comments.

As a poor backup, what we do for some of our clients is to create bookmarks like:

Create Coupon: Step1 (which takes them to the Create Price Group page)
    Create Coupon: Step2 (which takes them to the Create Coupon page_
    etc

Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yeah I figured it's been asked for before. But, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Your bookmarks idea is a good work around Bruce - PhosphorMedia

Comment

cpp-dev This is coming during the V10 lifecycle, probably 10.1
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick Wilson That sounds great. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
          X