Group products > variable price adjustment based on metric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group products > variable price adjustment based on metric

We have some products whose costs vary fairly often based on price of steel or aluminum (ie traffic signs, steel torsion springs), or due to stuff like the tariffs with China. I know this can be done with coding but since this is a 'dream feature' list then it might be nice to be able to create a price group with products affected by a particular metric ie price of steel and then be able to change that number ie 3% to have the price - and optionally the attributes- automagically show with the 3% added in. It might also be useful for some to be able to pull that price from an index somewhere though that isn't our case.

Right now we have some traffic signs that it seems change every day based on the price of aluminum and it isn't practical to manually change each sign but every time we sell one we run the risk that the price has changed. If I could spot check it - or pull the percentage change from some index- I could just update that once in the price group and all the associated products would be up to date.

With the torsion springs we have 30 or 40, but each also has about 15 attributes which are increments in length so if there is a 3% change I can't just change the base, I have to calculate the 3% for each attribute option. I can do it in a spreadsheet but again this is the dream feature list so I'm just putting it out there. :)

Seems you might be able to do this already by creating a Legacy price group that includes a range of products and set the price using Markup From Cost.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hmmm... will have to try that. Legacy price groups don't play well with some stuff - don't remember what exactly with my old brain but I believe we had issues with how they interacted with the newer price groups. Worth a look anyway. Thanks.

Comment

We also have some product lines that fluctuate in cost based on cost of steel, import tariffs, etc. In the Town Hall live stream yesterday it was announced that there would be a new Price Group option for Markup from Cost, so hopefully it could help solve this problem without the Legacy price group issues.
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
        X