Ability to swap out attribute templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to swap out attribute templates

This has been a major pain point for us for the last 15+ years. We need the ability to swap out an attribute template for 2,000 products but the attribute template is currently used by 4,000 products. We are desperate to be able to do this. One idea we had was if we could extract attribute template data per product like we can with custom fields, then we could in theory download the attribute template titles used for the 2,000 products we need to adjust (along with custom field data) - delete the products and then easily recreate them with all the data we extracted. Our products are highly customized and each product is made up of MANY attribute templates....which is why this is so complicated. Brennan, or anyone else have any suggestions? We struggle with this all the time, but particularly at this time of year when we need to run a sale on a subset of products that share attribute templates with 1000s more products....

I recently finished an Attribute Template Export module (kinda custom I guess). Contact me directly if you're interested. It's not a production module yet. I don't know if it will help. Your total scenario seems fairly complex.

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
    X