Vat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vat

I had rather hoped that after complaining for the last 20 years, Miva 10 would have at last seen VAT treated as an integrated field. Sad to say it is still hanging on the side rather like the embarrassing uncle at a wedding. I understand that the US doesn't use it but there are plenty of countries out there that rely on it. It only needs a few tweeks to make it useable such as including it in Import/Export routines, having a default setting so that we know the VAT is set. Upload a thousand records in a minute or two then spend 4 hours assigning the VAT rate. Please get around to bringing VAT in from the cold, your foreign customers deserve better.

VAT is a built in Tax module. What are the features you're looking for? It sounds like the ability to import VAT rates? Can you give me the VAT module you're using and I can see if there is any alternative way to import the values.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

We use the Generic European VAT module, we used to have a Weiland module which he wrote to populate the VAT field depending on the setting in the Taxable field - this worked really well but the last redesign broke it. We need to import and export the VAT field, it would be really helpful if it could be selected for display on the product list.

VAT is beyond important, getting it wrong can be imprisonable offence here! If the tax people *think* you're doing it on purpose, it's an interview with Mr Nice and Mrs Nasty followed by a visit to a court house. Paranoia is the key word.

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        VAT is a built in Tax module. What are the features you're looking for? It sounds like the ability to import VAT rates? Can you give me the VAT module you're using and I can see if there is any alternative way to import the values.
        Did you make any progress with this Brennan?

Comment

Note: US taxes (done correctly) are enough of a nightmare. If you are serious about complying with the 'taxes' of 100s of countries, I'd humbly (ha!) suggest you look to something like TaxJax/Avalara/etc. Cause that's going to be the only way you are 100% complient.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Not overly helpful, you should have read the original request. We are not asking Miva to make us "complient".
            1. VAT is simple
            2. VAT is used thoughout Europe, Mexico and Canada plus elsewhere
            3. All we want is a method of managing the data the same as you can with every other standard Miva field.

Comment

Working...
            X