Product Name Being Cut Off in Miva 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Name Being Cut Off in Miva 10

In Miva 10, the Product Name will get cut off on many of the Edit Product screens.

Frequently when on these screens I need to copy the product name, or least be able to tell which precise product I'm viewing/working with. Hovering over the truncated product name above the screen tabs or in the breadcrumbs does not provide the full product name - it's necessary to click on the "Product" tab at the beginning to see the full product name. In our case, it's often important details that we're not able to see... color, length, width, etc.

It seems like there might be various ways to make this a better experience and display the full product name - smaller font, wrap product name, search field and buttons display above the line where Product Name is displayed.. etc.

This isn't a bug, but it's definitely a change from Miva 9 where the user experience got worse and not better.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.54.50 PM.png
    Last edited by delcorsets; 12-13-20, 06:58 AM.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Hi Psydde -

We're looking at ways to make this experience better. How is important is copying the name vs just being able to reference the full name?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      Hi Psydde -

We're looking at ways to make this experience better. How is important is copying the name vs just being able to reference the full name?
      For my stores personally, copying the names was part of my process for creating similar products using Product Copy. It may or may not be important to other users for other reasons.
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Ok we'll look at both (viewing the full name and copying the name). It's also worth noting that we have a native Product Copy feature planned for 10.01.00 in the first half of 2021.

Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X