Admin Color Themes To Identify Different Stores or Instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Color Themes To Identify Different Stores or Instances

There could be a stronger visual cue for identifying different store admin instances (aside from user and store icons) - maybe with a customizable color theme for the background or sticky navs.

If I have 2 production stores, and multiple dev subdomains of each store, it can get confusing and different background or nav colors could make it easier to identify which one I'm actively working in.

As an example, Filezilla lets you set background colors for saved connections, and instead of reading the destination on the tab, I can just see that the background of the directory listing is 'orange' for one site or 'green' for another site. Or in my ERP system, I have a 'pink' theme on a sandbox that looks very different from production, making it very easy to distinguish.

So are these 4 different stores/dev sites? Have you tired giving each one its own custom store icon? Today that is the best identifier for each site. Or is that not enough of a visual queue.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan Maybe Miva would consider a "custom css" module for the MM Admin side that in bold letters is unsupported and use at own risk. No security issues like a custom JS module would have. And that puts the complaints dept in all our own courts cause we can tweak the things we all don't like which is different for everyone. I know 2 of the apps I use daily for work (readMe.io and Teamwork) both have a "custom css" app exactly like this for this purpose.
      Colin Puttick
      Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        So are these 4 different stores/dev sites? Have you tired giving each one its own custom store icon? Today that is the best identifier for each site. Or is that not enough of a visual queue.
        I have two different stores, each with a dev version - I can certainly use the store icon - but yes, I think a stronger visual cue could be a useful feature.

The store icon is a relatively small image and (as far as I can tell) there are only 6 icons that are still sorta similar (2 shapes x 3 color sets)

Custom icons could be helpful for store icons - like in the 'User Icons' - and that also makes me think I could create a stronger visual cue by creating custom user icons in the different environments. (like setting my admin user icon in dev to a red icon that says "DEV")

Comment

While you can't change the size, you can upload a custom icon here. We'll explore ideas to help here but today the icon is the best option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 3.44.33 PM.png
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

imagine working on over 50 stores all with dev sites...
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X