Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - Problems with automated email marketing during testing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Problems with automated email marketing during testing.

We've been testing a new automated email marketing solution or "service" Miva partner, and so far it has no not gone well.

For starters the boarding experience has not been positive, taking over 30 days for implementation at $250.00 a month, that is not good.

Two months and $500.00 later we still have not sent any emails out.

The problem, it seems the "service" is not even able to make it into some free email service provider SPAM box/folder, much less their inboxes after our server SPF record was updated.

The service vendor suggests we start off sending small amounts of emails and gradually work our way up. I have not gotten a good explanation as to why, though I assume it may be related in part with the fact that these emails would be sent from a server different from ours (e.g.: "...on behalf of..."), and in this particular case a server name that is meaningless (acronym).

I cannot help wondering if during their suggested "gradual process" approach, I would be essentially be burning those email addresses, preventing me from emailing those same address again later.

I was told they are currently testing "DoaminKeys Identified Mail" (DKIM), allowing senders to associate a domain name with an email message, thus vouching for it's authenticity. Don't know if this would make a difference or not.
    1. Even if DKIM would make a difference, by how much?
    2. Does Miva have the ability to configure DKIM and for more than one sender at a time?
    3. Does any of this makes sense?
    4. Due automated marketing emails sent "...on behalf of..." work?
    5. Are their any automated marketing email solutions that don't rely on sending emails from other servers that work with Miva?
    Thank you, Bill Davis
Working...
X