If specific item(s) in basket, acknowledge before checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If specific item(s) in basket, acknowledge before checkout

Hope someone can clue me simplest way to tackle this...

If specific item(s) in basket, then as part of the checkout process (before finalizing) they see a message (popup or could be in page body) with a message that they must acknowledge to proceed.

i.e.

1- customer adds product that requires special application in basket
    2- during checkout they see required checkbox

"You added UltraClear 2000 to your cart. This item must be applied in the specified manner to avoid product failure. By checking this box you acknowledge that you have reviewed the documentation and are aware of the correct procedure. Please click this link and take a moment to review the product information page before checking out; you may also remove the item from your cart. Failing to apply the product correctly will impact any warranty claims."

I have Miva 9.0004, Tool Belt and Tool Kit installed if anyone has done something similar and can clue me in appreciated.

Thanks for your advice.

Re: If specific item(s) in basket, acknowledge before checkout

We do it as a checkbox attribute right on the product page. In the product description somewhere, list your paragraph above as an additional term of sale or something like that, then make a checkbox attribute that says "I have read and agree to the additional term of sale on the product page." Make it a required attribute so they can not purchase it without checking it.

This way, it follows them to the cart, through the checkout process, onto their INVC page and also their email receipt they receive. Rest assured, you'll still get a few people who say they never saw it. But at least you have something to point out to them.

Mike Lewis

Comment

Re: If specific item(s) in basket, acknowledge before checkout

That should do it - thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X