Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Two Products on the PROD page?

Hi,

I saw that with this is now an option to add multiple products in the CTGY screen, I needed to add two products in a PROD screen with one quantity field that would be used for both products. Is that an option as well?

The customer would be manually selecting the quantity and once added to the cart I need both products to have the same quantity.

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: Add Two Products on the PROD page?

Why not use a special category for that "product"?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Not sure I can.

Product1 has 30+ attributes and a custom product page.

Product2 only needs to be added to the cart at the same time, on the same page with the same quantity as Product1.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

ok, make the second product an attribute of the first product.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I can't, Product2 can't have coupons applied to it whereas Product1 can.

Comment

If the second product is an attribute of the first, than coupon functions wouldn't apply. A better answer is usually easier to come up with if we knew what you are trying to achieve instead how you are trying to achieve it.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Ok gotcha, let me back up.

Product1 is a postcard. It has 30+ attributes with a custom product page. When the customer adds that to the cart we want postage (Product2) to be added to the cart at the same time.

If we add it as an attribute it get's discounted with any coupons. We also run WCW's rewards module and we don't want rewards used on postage. We don't discount postage because we charge actual cost and don't mark it up.

I added a new screen after Product1 is added to the cart so they can add postage in the cart but most people are avoiding that and going right to checkout which is making more work for us. We then have to call them and place a new order with them just for postage.

Thanks again,
              Mike

Comment

And you don't just use "shipping"? Or, do you mean postage on the Card?

If its the later, I think what you want is an "additional fee" module, that can be tied to each 'Post Card' ordered.

There is the 'external product' module (very old, but I think it still works). We'd just use a custom module to insure that we can get the exact results needed in terms of "appearance" and function.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X