Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do lots of URI redirects

Hi,

Honestly, we've had Miva for ages - way back in the day when there was a module market and the system was completely different!

The problem is we've never really used it 'right'. We've missed out on tons of functionality, and i'm trying to finally get myself in a position to understand a bit better the software we've used for 20 years.

Right now, i'm trying to do URI redirects for hundreds of old items that we haven't had in stock in years and never will have in stock. Because they are sometimes hardlinked elsewhere, I wanted to redirect them to updated products or categories that were appropriate. When I want to do changes to items in mass, I usually just go to the catalog and do it there - i can make the fields appear as I wish.

The thing is, I don't see a way to make URI redirects appear in a place like there (where I can do a whole lot at once). I can do them one at a time, but I need multiple windows open to cut and paste products in and to new canonical categories and so on.

Is there a way for me to simply search for large number of items and do uri changes? as I do in category? Or is it something I need to upload a file for, or something like that?

Or is it something that can't be done any I just need to do it manually?

Hoping someone can give me some advice - thanks!

Quentin
Working...
X