• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post

Hi William

i just tried checking out at runtime with address verification turned on and was able to complete checkout both with selecting the "verified" version of the address and the "as entered" option.

do you happen to have the address the customer was using that caused that error?

as far as the first issue goes "1. Three times wrong address was not not flagged, fortunately our fulfillment software caught it."

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about that. if the address is so off that UPS and/or USPS don't return any "verified" versions of it we still allow the order to complete. we do this so that we don't get into a situation where the Customer Can't complete checkout. for that same reason we have the "Use As Entered" option. but because of that, it does allow a customer to enter a bad address and just bypass or skip the address verification.

-Eric
    Eric, thank you for your quick reply. I don't recall as that happened some time ago. But I caught your other relating to the same issue, and will give it another go this week and report back here. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by William Davis View Post
    Address Validation Issues

We disabled the feature back in 2022/03 due to the following issues:

1. Three times wrong address was not not flagged, fortunately our fulfillment software caught it.
    2. Twice shoppers were not able to place orders.

Refer to post:

Title: Any issues with Address Validation?
    Link: https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...ion#post720252

Note: Two other merchants on the post disabled the feature due to other problems as well.

I do not believe Miva is aware that there might be an issue with this feature.
    Hi William

i just tried checking out at runtime with address verification turned on and was able to complete checkout both with selecting the "verified" version of the address and the "as entered" option.

do you happen to have the address the customer was using that caused that error?

as far as the first issue goes "1. Three times wrong address was not not flagged, fortunately our fulfillment software caught it."

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about that. if the address is so off that UPS and/or USPS don't return any "verified" versions of it we still allow the order to complete. we do this so that we don't get into a situation where the Customer Can't complete checkout. for that same reason we have the "Use As Entered" option. but because of that, it does allow a customer to enter a bad address and just bypass or skip the address verification.

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Address Validation Issues

We disabled the feature back in 2022/03 due to the following issues:

1. Three times wrong address was not not flagged, fortunately our fulfillment software caught it.
    2. Twice shoppers were not able to place orders.

Refer to post:

Title: Any issues with Address Validation?
    Link: https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...ion#post720252

Note: Two other merchants on the post disabled the feature due to other problems as well.

I do not believe Miva is aware that there might be an issue with this feature.

Leave a comment:

• SidFeyDesigns
    replied
    OKay, that actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing that info.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by SidFeyDesigns View Post
    Possible Customer Password Reset Bug:

The success/information message is being displayed rather than an error message when entering an email that does not exhist in the store for customer accounts.

This is happening on FPWD and the magnific popup form on LOGN (Suivant Theme).

I entered a goofy email "[email protected]" and made sure there is no account using it.

Hi SidFeyDesigns

That is intentional and part of PCI-dss requirement #6.5.5

https://www.pcidssguide.com/pci-dss-requirement-6/

“A common example of improper error handling is user ID and password input. If an attacker receives the message, "incorrect password provided," that error message is telling them they've given a correct user ID. Now, they can focus on hacking the password. The PCI DSS recommends using generic language in your error messages so that no useful information is accidentally given to attackers. Instead of saying "Incorrect password provided," try giving the error message, "Data could not be verified."

Hope this helps

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• SidFeyDesigns
    replied
    Possible Customer Password Reset Bug:

The success/information message is being displayed rather than an error message when entering an email that does not exhist in the store for customer accounts.

This is happening on FPWD and the magnific popup form on LOGN (Suivant Theme).

I entered a goofy email "[email protected]" and made sure there is no account using it.

Leave a comment:

• heatherwebdev
    replied
    No, its up to date

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by heatherwebdev View Post
    We're using flat rate shipping methods based on basket subtotal amount, but when a coupon discount is applied, the flat rate option does not show in the shipping selection. Should it be triggering the flat rate option in a lower price tier?
    eg,
    Option 1 - $0-20
    Option 2 - $20.1 - 40

Discount of $5 on a $23 order, should show option 1 instead of option 2, but instead theres no flat rate option
    Hi heatherwebdev

i was not able to reproduce that issue in my test store, we did have a bug similar to that which was fixed in 10.04.01, do you happen to be on a version of Miva Merchant older than that?

thanks
    -Eric

Leave a comment:

• heatherwebdev
    replied
    We're using flat rate shipping methods based on basket subtotal amount, but when a coupon discount is applied, the flat rate option does not show in the shipping selection. Should it be triggering the flat rate option in a lower price tier?
    eg,
    Option 1 - $0-20
    Option 2 - $20.1 - 40

Discount of $5 on a $23 order, should show option 1 instead of option 2, but instead theres no flat rate option

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by Salamader View Post
    Hello Miva.

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up. Ever since the last miva update and UTC time functions were added for page builder, we've noticed price groups keep converting and updating times when saved. Our marketing team was not aware of this (changed price group title several times) and it delayed our sale execution.

Is this feature intentional? Resetting the price group date & time wasn't something we had to worry about before the last update.

Thank you-

Hi Salamader

thanks for the info, i have filed a bug for this issue.

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• Salamader
    replied
    Hello Miva.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mD...vWhP6csrw/view

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up. Ever since the last miva update and UTC time functions were added for page builder, we've noticed price groups keep converting and updating times when saved. Our marketing team was not aware of this (changed price group title several times) and it delayed our sale execution.

Is this feature intentional? Resetting the price group date & time wasn't something we had to worry about before the last update.

Thank you-

Leave a comment:

• shannon@xactx.com
    replied
    Thanks, Brennan. That makes a lot more sense now!

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Yeah that is intentional. If you have Miva's Abandoned Basket feature setup, when the scheduled task runs to send the abandoned basket, it will move forward the last updated date/time by 48 hours so that if the customer opens the email and clicks the link the basket still exists.

Miva uses that last updated to determine if the basket is "expired" and if it should be deleted, so by pushing it forward 48 hours it will guarantee the basket will still exist for that time period. Its a configurable value in the abandoned basket email template under Order Fulfillment.

Leave a comment:

• shannon@xactx.com
    replied
    This is pretty low priority, but I noticed today (2/7/2023) that my Review Baskets had a basket from the future (2/9/2023).

Review Baskets 2.7.23.PNG

Leave a comment:

• kocourek
    replied
    When adding an item to an order in the admin, the search flyout/autocomplete will not be triggered if the product code is pasted into the code box using the right-click paste operation from a mouse. Using control+V works as expected. I have reproduced this in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10 & 11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X