Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate or Save as

Absolutely love v10. Great job.
    Was hoping we finally would have a handy duplicate or save as function for product creation.
    So often I need to quickly create a new product almost identical to an existing one.

Thx
    pat
    http://lockitt.com

I would highly recommend the Product Copy module from IDS for doing this until there's a native solution.. I can't even tell you how much time this module saves me.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Yes, Product Copy is a lifesaver.

Comment

I just purchased Product Copy by Interactive Design Solutions Version 1.006. It only works from the utility section in Miva 10.00.04. The module throws an error from the Product Add page.

The Lookup feature is Miva 5.5 Admin CSS design.

It sure would be nice to have this information in the APP store compatibility information, what version it has been tested on and what UI it uses.
        Jon

Viscott Limited
        www.viscott.com

Comment

Viscott I believe the most recent version is 1.0008. I'm running it on Miva 10.00.04 without a problem. You probably just need to get the updated version.
          Psydde Delicious
          Philadelphia, PA
          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
            Viscott I believe the most recent version is 1.0008. I'm running it on Miva 10.00.04 without a problem. You probably just need to get the updated version.
            I can confirm that the version on the Miva App store was 1.0006 and he sent me V1.0008 this afternoon after I contacted him.

It only works when you have an existing product open: Edit Product and select "Product Copy". It will copy the product. However look-up does not work.

Add ProductAdd +Add and using the "Product Copy" will give you an error. Look-up does work from this screen though and still is using MM5.5 CSS UI. But it doesn't matter because it will give you an error.

I am still going back and forth with Scott on refinements. I asked if he could also copy the products categories.

Jon

Viscott Limited
            www.viscott.com

Comment

Viscott

It only works when you have an existing product open: Edit Product and select "Product Copy". It will copy the product. However look-up does not work.

I see what you mean regarding Lookup, and regarding the use of Product Copy from the Add Product screens. That was never a part of my workflow with this module, so I never even noticed until you just brought it up in this thread. I am always in an Edit Product screen when I use Product Copy, and everything seems to work as expected.

I am still going back and forth with Scott on refinements. I asked if he could also copy the products categories.
              I always just re-assigned the product categories after copying a product. If the ability to copy category assignments to the new product is possible that would be a GREAT addition.
              Psydde Delicious
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Module works as promised, but we had to stop using it due to current module UI caused my staff to use it incorrectly. Thus, creating more work for me cleaning up after them.
                Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                X