No announcement yet.

Image Management in Miva V10.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you have one product with a quantity of one. For that one product, you have different choices of text that will be embroidered on the product when a customer buys it. Once a customer puts the product in the cart with their choice of text, no one else should be able to buy that product, regardless of what text they would have chosen. In that case, you shouldn't be using variants, but just plain swatch-select attributes, and set the inventory on the main product. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Leanne View Post
      So if I'm understanding you correctly, you have one product with a quantity of one. For that one product, you have different choices of text that will be embroidered on the product when a customer buys it. Once a customer puts the product in the cart with their choice of text, no one else should be able to buy that product, regardless of what text they would have chosen. In that case, you shouldn't be using variants, but just plain swatch-select attributes, and set the inventory on the main product. Or am I missing something?
      After much discussion with Support, we worked this out finally. Correct, the inventory variants shouldn't be used. I should only be using attributes & not even swatches since the description is not next to the swatch. You can add the regular sized photo on the Image tab of the product and put the photos in the exact order to match the radio dots I used to select the items. From what Support told me, the inventory variants option is only to keep track of inventory. I had taken it one step logically further which the software is not programmed to do.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]
      www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
      X