Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can products be assigned to more than one category in M10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can products be assigned to more than one category in M10?

Can products be assigned to more than one category in M10? If so, how?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

It should be the same as it has always been. Edit the product, go to the categories tab then from here you can assign one or more categories.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      It should be the same as it has always been. Edit the product, go to the categories tab then from here you can assign one or more categories.
      That is what I thought, but it did not work for me because all the category options are radio buttons, so no more than one at a time could be selected. Consequently I had to do it via import for a few products.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

That does not seem right. They should be the slide toggle button and you can multi-select or select all. If you're seeing something different, I would contact our support team so we can take a look.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Screenshot. Notice the radio buttons Screenshot_2020-12-01 Miva Merchant Administration.png
          Last edited by William Davis; 12-01-20, 09:13 AM.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

It looks like you're assigning the Canonical Category Code. This can only be one, which is why you're seeing radio buttons. This is an optional setting which sets the "primary" category to be used in the category tree and breadcrumbs when there is no category available (such as a direct link to the product). Along the top there should be a tab for "Categories". Its possible its under the ... menu. This is where you can assign multiple categories.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

It looks like you're assigning the Canonical Category Code. This can only be one, which is why you're seeing radio buttons. This is an optional setting which sets the "primary" category to be used in the category tree and breadcrumbs when there is no category available (such as a direct link to the product). Along the top there should be a tab for "Categories". Its possible its under the ... menu. This is where you can assign multiple categories.
              Thanks!
              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
              X