Variant based add to cart multiples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variant based add to cart multiples

I am looking into building a new site on Miva 10 ( have been using miva since 4.13 or older) The potential client is a printer that prints multiple tiled images on a sheet. The bigger the image, the fewer fit on a sheet. I was going to use variants to create the product structure so the customer can choose the type of paper, the shape, and then the size of the item. Let's say we have circles and triangles for shapes and Small, Medium, large sizes. I can use nested attributes for the selection process. I am thinking I can use a swatch attribute for the final choice in size and create image representations of the final output. Here is the tricky part.
    I might get 8 small triangles on a sheet, but only 4 medium circles. I would like for the "add to cart" number to be a dropdown of multiples based on the chosen variant. So for medium circles "4,8,12,16 etc." and for small triangles "8,16,32, etc" This way they can only order full sheets, but in the number of total units.
    I know the easy thing is to say just sell by the sheet, but I was hoping genuis out in Miva land would know if this was possible.

One reason Miva is a great option for this customer is that there are assignable minimum order quantities by variant - i was hoping that function could be used to create the values for the list somehow. Like MOQ=x make dropdown list multiples of X. I have seen the dropdown for add to cart be done with multiples before, just never based on variants.

Using a dropdown menu for the quantity is easy enough. Having the numbers in the menu change to match an attribute selection is trickier, but it can be done with some template code and Javascript; I've done similar things for my clients. I'm pretty busy through the end of December, but if this project can wait until January, you're welcome to PM or email me so we can discuss it.
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Kent, Thanks for the response. This is definitely an after the holidays type project. You have done some good custom jobs for me in the past and if the opportunity presents itself you'll be my first call. I have to land the client first :) Good enough for now to know it's a possibility. They are currently running on BigCommerce and it doesn't have the ability to put Minimum Order amounts per variant. One of many reasons I want to move them to Miva.

Comment

Working...
      X