PayPal Commerce Platform logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Commerce Platform logging in

Looked around. No definitive answers. Clients cannot setup the PayPal Commerce Platform. They previously used other PayPal checkouts through Miva. It has happened to two clients so far. Is it the type of account they have? Do they perhaps need a PayPal Merchant Account to set it up? Any ideas?
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Anyone? Kind of need to know as soon as possible.
    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

What happens when they try to connect their PayPal account to it? Are they getting some sort of error?
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

One states that it gives her a login is invalid, even though it is one she always uses. And, the other one states that they can log in through the normal PayPal portal but not the Miva commerce one.

What type of PayPal account do they need to have to use the PayPal Commerce Platform?
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Any news Brennan? I am about to do another client on that platform and will be holding my breath to see what happens. Probably pass out!
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
            What happens when they try to connect their PayPal account to it? Are they getting some sort of error?
            Update on this Brennan. When the client clicked the connect button, they stated "OK, so that's done, even though it kept giving us a cryptic "something went wrong" message, with no detail on what was wrong.

When we closed the PP window it brought us back to Miva, where our status shows as "Active and ready to accept payments via PayPal. The ability to accept credit card payments is currently pending.."

I learned from Leslie's post at: https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...merce-question , the pending message remains. But, I am still not able to get "Credit Cards" to show on OSEL, and still unable to uninstall the other PayPal modules, since orders are attached to them, and the client does not want to delete the orders.

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

If the account has not been approved to process credit card payment, the "Credit Card" option in Miva will not be available until the account is approved. Miva automatically checks for account approval each time you view the settings screen in the admin. Once it has been approved, the credit card payment option will be come available.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                If the account has not been approved to process credit card payment, the "Credit Card" option in Miva will not be available until the account is approved. Miva automatically checks for account approval each time you view the settings screen in the admin. Once it has been approved, the credit card payment option will be come available.
                Okay makes sense. Would it revert the transaction mode with each viewing as well? The client said they set it for one thing (capture) and I looked at it and it was set for the other (authorize only).
                Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
                X