X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s1b
    replied
    Hi,
    I am using "&mvt:payment:desc;" to display the payment card type on my Order Confirmation emails. When the order is placed the email is automatically sent and the payment method appears. This is working.
    However, when I have to resend an Order Confirmation within the Admin page, the email sends but the payment method is blank/not displaying. Should I have something other than "&mvt:payment:desc;" to show payment method on email resends?

Thanks!
    Corina

Leave a comment:

• oliverands
    replied
    On a related, but slightly different note, I use the PayPal Commerce module for processing credit card payments. When charges are processed, &mvte:payment:desc; outputs the type of card used. But when refunds are processed that same statement doesn't return the credit card type. It returns "PayPal". A screen shot of that section of the customer order confirmation email of a refund I just processed is below.

Will this be addressed as well?
    Refund.png

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan View Post
    The update in 10.02 was to fix a bug where the card type was not being output correctly on INVC and the emails

But the payment information has been available in the emails for a while now. There is a foreach loop which will output the payment data for any payment records on the order.

<mvt:foreach iterator="payment" array="order:payments">
    &mvte:payment:desc; (&mvt:payment:formatted_amount;)
    </mvt:foreach>

This would output: Visa ($71.68)
    Any way of displaying the last four digits of the card? All of my credit cards displays that data on paper receipts, confirmation emails and text messages.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    The update in 10.02 was to fix a bug where the card type was not being output correctly on INVC and the emails

But the payment information has been available in the emails for a while now. There is a foreach loop which will output the payment data for any payment records on the order.

&mvte:payment:desc; (&mvt:payment:formatted_amount;)

This would output: Visa ($71.68)

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    replied
    Does this update in 10.02 mean that the payment methods can now be made available on the confirmation emails? If so can anyone share the variables that worked?

"Authorize.net & Chase Paymentech modules now correctly display the card type used on Invoice and in confirmation emails"

Leave a comment:

• Kristin
    replied
    Our client has found the same issue with the Authorize.net text appearing in place of the credit card type. I have commented out the description code for now and we're looking forward to the update.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    It only impacted a couple modules, Auth.net being the "big one"

Leave a comment:

• SidFeyDesigns
    replied
    Just upgraded Miva and this does not appear to be an issue with the Braintree payment module.

Just thought I would share.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    That's because of two things:

First it's not really a bug (I know I sound pedantic) but we moved where data is stored and this was an unintended outcome, but technologically it's still working exactly the same. So there is no way to "fix" the bug since for security and other reasons we can't revert to how we stored the data before.

Thus now we have to add a feature (a small one overall) which is slightly more work than undoing something.

Second, we don't ever give ETA's so you could ask support anything and the answer should universally be no ETA (since that is corporate policy).

I can assure you we're aware and working on a solution.

Leave a comment:

• greggc
    replied
    And support says no ETA on the fix. Fix it now I say.

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    replied
    Let me add my voice to the choir. I had a little bit of code finally sorted to show payment method but seems to have broken with the update today. Old code that worked.

Code:
    <mvt:item name="ry_toolbelt" param="availgroup|Customer_Find|g.terms_customer|' OnAccount'" />
    Payment Method:&nbsp;
    <mvt:if expr="NOT('COD' CIN l.settings:payment:desc)">
    &mvt:payment:desc;
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.terms_customer">
    On Account
    <mvt:elseif expr="'quote' CIN l.settings:order:pay_data">Quote
    </mvt:if>
    The l.settings:payment:desc just comes back with CHASE Paymentech Orbital Gateway and looks like I'm not getting anything from l.settings:order:pay_data.

Leave a comment:

• SidFeyDesigns
    replied
    Can anyone confirm if this is also the case for the Braintree and Amazon Pay payment modules?

Haven't installed the Miva update yet and may wait until 10.01.02 is available.
    Last edited by SidFeyDesigns; 07-21-21, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cockerham
    replied
    Originally posted by greggc View Post
    This happened to us also using Chase Paymentech. I don.'t know if it the same for you. Support says;

The payment module name showing up on the INVC page and the order confirmation emails is a bug that is set to be fixed in version 10.02 (no known ETA).
    For now, the only solution is to comment out the payment description which I have done for the INVC page and both order confirmation emails.

Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• greggc
    replied
    This happened to us also using Chase Paymentech. I don.'t know if it the same for you. Support says;

The payment module name showing up on the INVC page and the order confirmation emails is a bug that is set to be fixed in version 10.02 (no known ETA).
    For now, the only solution is to comment out the payment description which I have done for the INVC page and both order confirmation emails.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cockerham
    replied
    I am having a similar problem. Is
    Code:
    &mvt:payment:desc;
    still valid? I don't see it in the variable list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X