Price of Attribute shows up for every part number in the cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of Attribute shows up for every part number in the cart

We have a product that cost the shopper $715.00 with some attributes where one attribute costs $150.

When the shopper puts that item in their cart and adds the attribute the subtotal column shows up in the cart like:

$715.00 (the price of the product)
    $150.00 (the price of the attribute)

So far so good.

Now the shopper adds another item to their cart that costs $173.80 and that product has no attributes.

When the shopper looks at their cart the Subtotal column still shows the original part with the cost of the attribute underneath but the cost of the attribute is also listed in the subtotal column for the second part number so the subtotal column looks like this:

$715.00 (the price of the first product)
    $150.00 (the price of the attribute)

$173.80 (the price of the second product which has no attribute)
    $150.00 (this is the price of the attribute for the first product)

For every subsequent part number that is added to the cart, the price of the attribute of the first product shows up in the Subtotal column for every product in the cart.

The Total of the order is correct but the shopper is confused thinking they are being charged $150.00 for every item in their cart because that is what Miva shows.

If you put more items in the cart, the cost of the attribute show up under every product in the cart.

We think in the Cart Miva should only show the cost of the attribute under the cost of the product that has the attribute - not every product in the cart.

Now the customer calls with questions and when somebody calls with a question we think it is a good idea to do something to "fix" things so nobody ever calls with that question again.

I am attaching one screenshot so hopefully that will work.

image_2162.jpg

Something is off here. Do you have any custom template code setting that value. It looks like that value is not getting reset somewhere which is not a default or how Miva behaves. I would look at code on bask generating the attribute prices, something is likely incorrect there.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I can't think of anything that would have been changed on the Page called BASK but I don't see any timestamps on anything there.

Checking in our older development store I see the same problem.

Is there nobody at Miva that has a store set up with a product that has an attribute that can test the condition in their environment?

Miva Support offered this:

We have this module that can help with that:
      https://apps.miva.com/variant-basket...placement.html
      The Variant Basket Item Replacement module allows you to display as a single line on the basket page.

The module description asks these question to which the answer to both is no:

Do you use inventory variants?
      Do you want the variant product code or the variant SKU to pass with your order so it appears in the admin and syncs with your third party system

They offer no explanation about how that is going to help, what to do or how to make it happen.

I did another experiment and put two items in the cart without attributes and the subtotal column looks fine:

1.jpg

Then I added the third item with the $150.00 attribute to the cart and now all three items show the $150.00 under the subtotal:

2.jpg

Comment

I'll agree with Brennan: this is almost certainly a coding error in one of the page templates. An experienced developer should be able to fix it pretty quickly.
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Working...
        X