Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website Makeover vs. Website Redesign from Levels ReadyThemes to Shadows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website Makeover vs. Website Redesign from Levels ReadyThemes to Shadows?

Website Makeover vs. Website Redesign from Levels ReadyTheme to Shadows?

Based on my limited understanding I have two options:
    1. Website Makeover: Install Shadows ReadyTheme in production site and use M10 Template Branches.
    2. Website Redesign: Create a development site and install Shadows ReadyTheme.
    What are the pros and cons with each option?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

The Branch route as this is basically what Branches where made for.

That being said, haven't had a chance to use them yet.

The problem with a dev site is dealing with Order/Customer data transfers when you are ready to go live.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I'm moving from Suivant to Shadows and I used both methods. I used branches on the dev site to work out the process. Now I'm building out the branch on the live site. I'll go back to the dev site to do a test run of merging the branches before I do it on the live site.
      Matt E.
      www.harpkit.com

Comment

Mr. Davis,

You can use either or both methods.

FWIW: Here's the real deal about branches. You can create a branch and assign a different framework to that branch. The result is you can develop along multiple paths. Another variation of that, you can develop a framework on the dev site and save/download the work. Upload the custom FW to the live site, create a branch and apply that FW. The bottom line, there's a bunch of flexibility that will take some getting used to. And, I haven't even mentioned MMT capabilities. There are even more cogs in that wheel.

Scott
        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
        X