Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are meta description in template SEO being rendered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are meta description in template SEO being rendered?

How are meta description in template SEO being rendered? I don't see meta description token anywhere within the template detail field.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

I guess no one knows.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Usually depends on the theme you are using or if you are looking to change the TITLE for the SFNT page or Home Page, ---> User Interface --> Pages ---> search for SFNT then you should see the line item TITLE then be able to select it to edit it and change the TITLE of the homepage. Then just save it.

If you do not see TITLE as a column selection click the + sign to the right of the screen and you should see options to select and highlight TITLE so that you can edit it.

The other SEO meta is on the actual category page or product page and typically under the SEO setting.

If you are looking to change the META DESCRIPTION for the HOME PAGE --> Click on USER INTERFACE on the left, then GLOBAL SETTINGS in the second column - then do a CTRL +F (pc) or CMD +F (mac) to bring up FIND window and type in Description (you are looking for code that looks something like this..........

<mvt:elseif expr="'SFNT' CIN l.settings:page:code">
      <meta name="description" content="YOU COOL DESCRIPTION HERE">
      <meta name="keywords" content="NO ONE USES KEYWORDS ANY MORE">
      <mvt:else>
      <meta name="description" content="&mvt:page:name; - AND IF YOU WANT MORE INFO AFTER YOUR PAGE TITLES.">
      <meta name="keywords" content="&mvt:page:name; - NO ONE USES KEYWORDS ANY MORE">
      </mvt:if>

Remember, each theme is different. Each setup is different but the general settings with a base Miva theme should have these options. It gets a little confusing because you see SEO on some tabs in the admin but they do not do anything.

Hope this helps.
      James Byrne, (USMC Vet.)
      After Dark Grafx
      "We Work After Dark So You Don't Have To!"
      E-Commerce - Design - Hosting - Printing
      Miva Standard Partner. Get up and running fast!
      http://www.afterdarkgrafx.com :: sales [ at ] afterdarkgrafx.com

Comment

Originally posted by afterdark View Post
        Usually depends on the theme you are using or if you are looking to change the TITLE for the SFNT page or Home Page, ---> User Interface --> Pages ---> search for SFNT then you should see the line item TITLE then be able to select it to edit it and change the TITLE of the homepage. Then just save it.

If you do not see TITLE as a column selection click the + sign to the right of the screen and you should see options to select and highlight TITLE so that you can edit it.

The other SEO meta is on the actual category page or product page and typically under the SEO setting.

If you are looking to change the META DESCRIPTION for the HOME PAGE --> Click on USER INTERFACE on the left, then GLOBAL SETTINGS in the second column - then do a CTRL +F (pc) or CMD +F (mac) to bring up FIND window and type in Description (you are looking for code that looks something like this..........

<mvt:elseif expr="'SFNT' CIN l.settings:page:code">
        <meta name="description" content="YOU COOL DESCRIPTION HERE">
        <meta name="keywords" content="NO ONE USES KEYWORDS ANY MORE">
        <mvt:else>
        <meta name="description" content="&mvt:page:name; - AND IF YOU WANT MORE INFO AFTER YOUR PAGE TITLES.">
        <meta name="keywords" content="&mvt:page:name; - NO ONE USES KEYWORDS ANY MORE">
        </mvt:if>

Remember, each theme is different. Each setup is different but the general settings with a base Miva theme should have these options. It gets a little confusing because you see SEO on some tabs in the admin but they do not do anything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Working on latest version of Shadows v2.00.05 (branch)

I got a couple of things I'm struggling with:

SFNT - Rendering duplicate meta descriptions, one in the head section and a second in the body section. The head section is being generated by SEO tab description field which is okay. However, the body section I can't find where that entry is coming from.

CTGY - I can't find the meta description anywhere in the template, and though template SEO tab description field is working, it unfortunately does not have the ability to render tokens which we need.

PROD - I can't find the meta description anywhere in the template, and though template SEO tab description field is working, it unfortunately does not have the ability to render tokens which we need.
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

You will have to have a coder create this for you and edit each of the templates for you so that they include the META and tokens you need (ie: CTGY, PROD, SFNT) ON the actual template pages then just remove the other references to the meta in either the global header or footer and you should be good to go. If there is anything in the GLOBAL SEO for title or description just remove it (ie: if in the dashboard remove it from the input boxes) or on the respective pages. Miva was trying to make it easy by saying... "het if it is the homepage show this one, if it is the category show this one..." but it is a little jumbled in the backend.

Always work on a copy of the page (ie: leave CTGY in place and create a new one callled CTGY-TEST or whatever and copy all the code from the OLD CTGY to the new one - then assign this new template to one category and test on that category. Once you are happy, just copy the test over to live CTGY but always backup first)

Sorry or you can email me - make me an admin and I can take a look - hourly rates apply ( sales [at] afterdarkgrafx.com )
          James Byrne, (USMC Vet.)
          After Dark Grafx
          "We Work After Dark So You Don't Have To!"
          E-Commerce - Design - Hosting - Printing
          Miva Standard Partner. Get up and running fast!
          http://www.afterdarkgrafx.com :: sales [ at ] afterdarkgrafx.com

Comment

Working...
          X