Abandoned Cart and Basket Timeout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned Cart and Basket Timeout?

Problem with abandoned cart emails when recipients click on the link to complete checkout the cart is empty?

Could this be a basket Time out issue?

Note: Current email vendor delivery options set to; 1 hour, 24 hours, and 24 hours.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
    Problem with abandoned cart emails when recipients click on the link to complete checkout the cart is empty?

Could this be a basket Time out issue?

Note: Current email vendor delivery options set to; 1 hour, 24 hours, and 24 hours.

Hello William Davis,

What is your basket timeout set to and what are your Abandoned Basket order fulfillment settings set to? There is a "Keep basket alive for" setting.

Also check your stores scheduled tasks and see if you're deleting expired baskets, I believe the default is 1 day.

Warm Regards,
    Last edited by rbuelna; 07-28-21, 11:04 AM.
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Old site.

Basket Timeout (Minutes): 60
      Defer Creation of Empty Baskets: Disabled.
      Scheduled Task: Delete Expired Shopping Baskets: Every 1 Day
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I believe The basket time out has to be set to be longer than the largest delivery interval of each AB

For example, if your AB delivery is 120 minutes, your basket time out has to be 121. If you have a second delivery is one day later, then the timeout needs to be 1 day. Each time the AB is triggered, it does reset the last updated date. That being said, folks may not use the AB email for days later so there should be a note for that. Enhanced AB emails could be made using southbonds.com auto basket feature (which is actually an integration and not a module per se) which Stores the basket locally and will let you reinstate it for up to a year i believe.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          I believe The basket time out has to be set to be longer than the largest delivery interval of each AB

For example, if your AB delivery is 120 minutes, your basket time out has to be 121. If you have a second delivery is one day later, then the timeout needs to be 1 day. Each time the AB is triggered, it does reset the last updated date. That being said, folks may not use the AB email for days later so there should be a note for that. Enhanced AB emails could be made using southbonds.com auto basket feature (which is actually an integration and not a module per se) which Stores the basket locally and will let you reinstate it for up to a year i believe.
          Thanks Bruce, makes a lot of sense.

What about the "Defer Creation of Empty Baskets: Disabled"? I does that need to be enabled, I don't understand the purpose of this feature.

Finally, regarding the "...southbound.com auto basket feature...", thanks. I did a little research, the Abandoned Baskets Remarketing ($500.00) module is no longer available on the Miva App store, and on the developer website states the integration requires "Toolkit". Due to Tookit continued compatibility issues with M10, we've been deprecating its use throughout our website for quite some time now.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

may want to contact scot directly as we use it on a couple of sites and i know at least two of them don't use toolkit as we built those sites and don't use toolkit.
            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

oh, and Defer empty baskets simple doesn't create a basket ID until someone actually adds something to a basket so it has no effect here.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X