Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sebenza Force Login Module asks for license key and CTGY page not displaying products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebenza Force Login Module asks for license key and CTGY page not displaying products

We have been using Sebenza Force Login Module for our wholesale site for a long time.

All of sudden today, the category pages are not displaying products even though CTGY is added as an exception in the exception screen and now when I go to the Force login dashboard is asking for license key.

I key in the license key and hit update and just throws an temporary redirect error and brings to the enter license key section.

I have uninstalled the module, but the Category pages are still not showing the products.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks
    Keyboard Not Found..... Press F1 to continue

Sebenza modules have been deprecated for a long time. There are now ways to accomplish the same thing without the module, but it looks like you still have some issues with the module (I hate to say it, but your signature line is a bit prophetic…). If the module is completely uninstalled, you may need to contact support for them to take a closer look at what is blocking the category pages.

Comment

Thank Leanne for the tip. I will contact support. Sorry but I don't follow when you say my signature line is a bit prophetic. Can you explain what you mean?

Comment

I have always enjoyed your signature line, and your attempts to enter the license key but being redirected and brought back to the screen to enter your license key reminded me of it. Just a bad joke. I'll show myself out.

Comment

No worries Leanne :) I did open the support ticket and I am hoping the support team has some tricks up their sleeve as I am fried. I tried everything to make products show up on the category pages but have been unsuccessful so far.

Comment

Still no success. The category and product pages are just blank even though the products are active and assigned. The categories display all products if logged in and so does each product page

Comment

Did the Sebenza module create a price group? Are there template changes to make?
              http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

No I don't see any price groups that was created by module. Also I don't see any template changes the module made. This is very strange

Comment

Did you try clearing your cache / cookies?
                  http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

You said you uninstalled the module. Did you completely delete it from your domain, or did you just unassign it?

It's possible that a module bug left some part of it it running after it was uninstalled. I would check to make sure that the module's Item is removed from the CTGY page (and all other pages).
                    Kent Multer
                    Magic Metal Productions
                    http://TheMagicM.com
                    * Web developer/designer
                    * E-commerce and Miva
                    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
                    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I have cleared cache and also when the module was uninstalled, it did not give any warnings that it was assigned to any pages.

Comment

Solved, everything is working now. All thanks to Mr. Brennan who is a genius. Thank you Brennan.

Solution was that products were assigned to an availability group which we did not even think about checking. We unassigned the products from this group which was suggested by Brennan and we can see all the products again.

Thank you all for helping me with this.

Comment

thanks for reporting the fix. its always good to do that so future posters can find the solution pre-made :)

and as an added PSA (cause its surprising how many people don't know this, but using this in the google search box:

site:miva.com

when typing in a search query will often times find gems like these.
                          Bruce Golub
                          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                          X