Edge Browser Visual Search Show Competitors Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge Browser Visual Search Show Competitors Products

I don't know how long this has been active and in use, but I recently noticed the Edge browser's Visual Search feature. For anyone that is not familiar with it, what it does is show a small blue icon overlay on the images on your website allowing users to click on it and do an image search based on your image. It's really an issue because if a user clicks on it, it will display a sidebar with what it thinks are similar images and products from competitors, possibly taking customers away from your website. See the example image below. Does anyone have experience with this or know of a way to block this on a website?
    visual-search.jpg
    Highly caffeinated
    http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

I don't have Edge but there's similar capability in Chrome, in that if you right click on an image and select "Search Image with Google" you get a similar panel with similar results. It's not as invasive as having a button overlay on the image like in your screenshot but do you have a browser extension doing that? I see in your location bar you have an icon tag with a "9" notification on it. What's that?

Keifer Hunniford | MIVA

Comment

That tag has to do with Microsoft shopping, which is enabled by default in the Edge browser. It shows a number of other websites that it has found with this product and if it is available at a lower price.
      Highly caffeinated
      http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

Comment

This has been an ongoing issue for years, now. Microsoft doesn't care. Seriously, they won't answer their own advertiser questions/requests about it. We quit advertising with them because of it.

Comment

Working...
        X