Release 8 update 9 Custom fields question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Release 8 update 9 Custom fields question

A custom basket field automatically gets converted to a custom order field when an order is placed as long as the custom basket field code and the custom order field code are the same.

You don't need the write_order tag, it should just happen automatically.
    Last edited by Brennan; 04-28-14, 08:48 AM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Followup: It seems the data is being written as expected, but I was looking at the Legacy Order Processing screen | Custom Fields tab. On that screen the data is not correctly displayed. I'm adding the field to emails now.
      Ray Yates
      "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
      --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        A custom basket field automatically gets converted to a custom order field when an order is placed as long as the custom basket field code and the custom order field code are the same.

You don't need the write_order tag, it should just happen automatically.
        Ok you lost me there. I see the command on the documentation page but In the admin, I don't see a way to add a custom "Basket" field.

Also on the Order Contents tab of the item cmp-cssui-invc-order, you might want to include the ability to select the order custom fields instead (with the custom product fields) of using the Read_Order() function.

I added the new field to the email templates assigning the custom fields item and using:
        Code:
        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order( l.settings:order:id, 'instructions', l.settings:customfields )" />
        <mvt:if expr="l.settings:customfields:instructions">
            <p>&mvt:customfields:instructions;</p>
        </mvt:if>
        Ray Yates
        "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
        --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Working...
        X