Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

lisafer,

Contact me off-forum and I will give you a free Google Analytics integration for your aggravation. Hows that for paying you to integrate Google Analytics? :)

Unfortunately the available free modules do not offer the necessary flexibility to integrate Google Analytics with all of the possible Miva Merchant 5 store configurations out there. There is a tutorial here for Basic Google Analytics Integration w/ Miva Merchant 5. However if the store requires further customization to the Google Analytics tracking/conversion code due to the specific store configuration, or the tutorial is not understood, I highly recommend having Google Analytics professionally integrated by a qualified individual or organization.

Leave a comment:

• lisafer
    replied

I'm sitting on hold (again) with tech support because of this "free" module. After about a dozen emails of course. I couldn't be more aggravated at this point if you paid me. And all I wanted to do was upgrade to the new Google code.

Leave a comment:

• netblazon
    replied

Kelly, I think he meant to not crawl /Merchant2/ if you are using short links. We do this a lot of sites that have short URL formats. That way you don't get multiple urls to the same page.

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

disabling spidering of merchant2? and lose seo and page rankings? Yikes! Don't do that! For heaven' sake. all that work down the drain and maybe never to be recovered! EEKS!

There is a better way and google provides for it. Don't use the free module for inserting your google analytics tracking. Just put in the script yourself (with the mod's Dan and I outlined so your pagetracker variables get filled).

It's part of this thread, it's the first few pages, I think on the second or third page of this thread. Dan's tutorial example is fabulous.

You can define for each page what you want the default url in google analytics to be using the page tracker variable in the google script. Then ga won't be all messed up and counting one page as two or three different ones in ga. Dan's tutorial even gives the pageTracker stuff in his code examples for products and categories.

If you want to make the 'naming' of pages in google analytics even more more extensive like I did.. you just add some more if statements. The key is not leaving the pageTracker var empty. If it's empty it grabes the current address of the screen you are on, if you fill it in.. ga uses what you defined instead.

Seriously, read through this thread, most of it isn't about using the module, it's about doing it a better way so your google analytics data is clearer and more readable. Which means NOT using the module.
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 03-16-09, 01:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pamela Hazelton
    replied

Because implementing shorter URLs doesn't disable this type of link:
    /Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CATCODE

So Google can (and will) spider both. They've recently announced changes for this (i.e. shorter URLs are not necessary for new sites; not sure if I trust that yet). There's also some linking discussions here than will help.

You may want to just disallow spidering of the /Merchant2/ directory.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cotten
    replied

In my top content I am seeing two sets of results for my category pages.
    1: /CTGY/CATCODE
    2: /Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CATCODE
    All the 2nd type hits are for one second or less. What is causing this?
    I’m using the code from Dan’s instructions. Thanks Dan, for providing that info!

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

I had what seem to be the same issue.

Did you remember to set up your google analytics account for it too?
    You can't just do the work in the Miva Merchant store.

here is a link to the google info about what you need to do there.
    https://www.google.com/support/googl...y?answer=75817

you have to tell is the search query string is "search"
    at least on my store it is.
    You can just use your store front like a visitor... do a search.

You'll get the results screen.

To make it easy, just search for something that isn't in your store.
    Like "blahhaha" or some nonesense string.
    Whatever the name of the input field is that holds that value..
    that will be your google search query parameter!

Even if your store has a module like power search or some other.. you can find your query this way. (hopefully you are having a form on for re searching on your results screen).

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Bill,

Give it a few more days and I will bet it starts tracking. Let me know :)

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Actually its was activated a few days ago, so maybe I should wait. I guess I should wait a few more days, if nothing shows up I come right back here.

Thanks Dan.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Hey Bill,

Are you using an alternative search feature by chance, or the built in Miva Merchant search functionality? Our method should be working for you, however we have seen up to week long delays before stats start populating if this is the first time on-site search has been enabled on the account.

If you continue to have issues, contact me directly and I will take a look for you.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Thanks to Dan's with Kemper Strategic "How to integrate Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5 - 5.5" tutorial, I was able to successfully configure most of Google Analytics (GA). However, I am still having some difficulty in implementing/configuring Google Analytics "Site Search" feature.

There seems to be more than one way to setup GA Site Search with MM5.5.

1. One method is as Dan suggested in his tutorial -which is not working for us, the other is
    2. This post " What to put in the search query in google analytics"

It seems the later requires a two part configuration from each side (MM5.5 and GA) in order to get GA Site Search to work. Because I am so new to MM5.5, I cannot help being very confused. It appears to me from what I am able to understand from that post, is that I need to pass some type of value from our website to GA in order to get Site Search to work. But I don't really understand what I need to do. Can someone please provide more detailed information?

Finally, I think since Miva is providing this module for free, and they are probably using GA on their own sites, they could at least provide some screen shots of how they configured their account with a brief expalantion.

Leave a comment:

• benjamintr
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    Here are complete instructions for integrating Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5, including the checkout goal/funnel visualization. My recommendation, chuck the module :)
    Cool! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Here are complete instructions for integrating Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5, including the checkout goal/funnel visualization. My recommendation, chuck the module :)
    Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 12-11-08, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greg B
    replied

Originally posted by benjamintr View Post
    <mvt:if expr="Screen NE INVC">
    try <mvt:if expr="Screen NE 'INVC'">

Leave a comment:

• benjamintr
    replied

In the code that you're supposed to append to the global footer there is this script:

<mvt:if expr="Screen NE INVC">

Yet, the code below it is still displayed on the INVC page.

Any idea why this isn't working the way it's supposed to? (It's not recognizing that it's on the invoice page.)

Also, I'd be thrilled if someone was willing to post their complete steps for setting up the funnel conversion tracking BOTH in the Google Analytics admin goal screen AND on the Miva site. For some reason I can't get that part to work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X