Import products from flat file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import products from flat file

Is there no longer a module to import products from flat file? I use import/export heavily, and when there is only one field I need to update, it's frustrating to have to create and save a new template every time, then scroll through the long (unsortable) list to find what I need, or delete them each time. I would love to see the on-the-fly flat file option available again.
    Thank you!

The imports and exports still exist. They are located under Data Management. You can customize the export to only include the fields you need, make the changes and then re-import without having to change anything with the column headers.

How are you doing it now?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

There are actually far more import and export modules now, but that one continues to exist. Do a search for 'data' in the upper right and click on "Data Management > Import/Export" and you'll find the menu.
      Last edited by ILoveHostasaurus; 02-12-16, 07:48 AM.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

So a Product Import saved as Determine Automatically Using Header Row will do what I want?
        Thanks!

Comment

Yes Miva will automatically read in the header row and map the column for you.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Question on the file that is uploaded for import. Does Miva remove the file now after import, or go somewhere other than the uploads folder? Not sure when it started, but at some point I no longer see my imported files in the uploads folder, and wondered how Miva handles those files now.

Comment

I'm curious about the question above, too. Brennan are the upload files saved anywhere?
              Thanks!
              Susan Petracco
              NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by netblazon View Post
                I'm curious about the question above, too. Brennan are the upload files saved anywhere?
                Thanks!
                Can you be more specific on what you mean / what your use case is? Uploaded files are handled in different ways for different actions. Unrecognized action? Discarded. Image upload action, saved to graphics. Module upload action, saved to modules. Etc...
                David Carver
                Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

dcarver the files used to import products from a flat file. Or any other import under Data Management, such as importing categories.
                  Last edited by netblazon; 07-18-19, 10:18 AM.
                  Susan Petracco
                  NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

In that case, the file is always deleted. To be clear, the file is initially saved into your mivadata directory and deleted when the import errors / finishes.
                    David Carver
                    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thank you dcarver
                      Susan Petracco
                      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X