Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing items on an order - include Volume Pricing discounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing items on an order - include Volume Pricing discounts?

We just started tinkering with Miva's built-in order editing capabilities. I see we can add items to an order, as well as edit existing items. However, when we change quantities (or add new items from scratch) the system doesn't take our Price Groups for Volume Pricing into account. Instead, it seems to always use the base price from the item's Detail tab.

Is there a way to make it take Price Groups into account when it calculates the price?

On a related note, we also noticed that if we do make a change that affects the item price, the tax seems to remain unchanged. Similar for if we change the shipping method - sales tax stays the same. Any way to automatically re-calculate sales tax after all other changes are complete?
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Originally posted by Mike521w View Post
    Is there a way to make it take Price Groups into account when it calculates the price?
    You will get prompted calculate discounts based on the customer when you assign a customer to the order (https://www.screencast.com/t/nHIxSRwcFhtR).

If the customer record was already assigned to the order and the discount is not applied after changing the quantity:
    1) Remove customer from the order and re-assign which will calculate all discounts the customer is eligible for. Click the Edit button (https://www.screencast.com/t/Mz0mfzsDoEp6), click remove customer from order and re-assign customer.
    2) Click Apply/Remove Discounts button to manually assign the price group discount.

Originally posted by Mike521w View Post
    On a related note, we also noticed that if we do make a change that affects the item price, the tax seems to remain unchanged. Similar for if we change the shipping method - sales tax stays the same. Any way to automatically re-calculate sales tax after all other changes are complete?
    Sales tax should be recalculated after you assign a different shipping method and click recalculate. If you assign a different shipping method, hit recalculate and tax is NOT being adjusted, please open a ticket with Miva Support and we can troubleshoot.

Wayne
    Last edited by wsmith; 06-13-17, 08:35 AM.
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Mike521w,

If you have an example order that does not get discounted when the quantity is adjusted, please contact Miva Support. When contacting Miva Support, please make sure to include a link to this forum post.

Thank you,

Wayne
      Wayne Smith

Comment

Thank you Wayne, everything is working correctly. Somehow I didn't think to click the "Recalculate" button earlier. I think I assumed it would recalculate the rates shown in the dropdown menu, not the tax etc below.

Similar for the item editing, I had never clicked the Save button to commit a change. I just saw that the "Total" price shown in the overlay dialog was incorrect so I didn't proceed. I see now that when I click Save, the calculated price does include our Volume Discounts.
        Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Working...
        X