Another URI Management 301 redirect question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another URI Management 301 redirect question

I recently switched to URI management from Legacy SEO. My product link structure before was /product/product-code.html, which was easy to replicate. Problem I'm having is there seems to be some cases where there may have been a link structure like /category-code/product-code.html. This has caused some traffic to hit the NTFD page. I've tried a couple different .htaccess rewrites but I'm not having any luck.

Help?

TIA

Ron
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

If you know what the old ones were, can you just import them to the URI management so the store will do the redirect for you?
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

If you know what the old ones were, can you just import them to the URI management so the store will do the redirect for you?
      I suppose that would be ideal. A redirect would be much simpler and less time consuming than figuring out which of 100 categories 1,000 products are assigned to. What if the category code in the url is not the canonical category code? Or if it wasn't assigned a canonical category, but it's assigned to multiple categories?
      Ron Frigon
      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Working...
      X