Facets issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facets issues

I have facets working here: https://www.fastees.com/product-sear...ml?Search=pitt

Looks great, feels terrible. If you click around it totally crashes.

Help please.

"The facets/facet counts are not taking into account products hidden because they are out of stock. We filed a bug on this and it will be fixed in 9.07.01"
    I question if this could also be the problem you are seeing?

Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

I have out of stock items but not hidden. The inventory settings being an issue is worth looking into,

K

Comment

Be nice if you could style the suggestion searchfield token display, right?

K

Comment

Originally posted by fastees View Post
          Be nice if you could style the suggestion searchfield token display, right?

K
          You're referencing the runtime (your storefront) display of the searchfield suggestion menu dropdown? It can be styled through css. By default, that css is located in cssui.css (for new stores) or wherever you placed the css from the 9.7 template changes doc for those styles.

If it is in cssui.css, you can go to User Interface > CSS Resources, select the cssui.css record and click the Edit Source button. Click the Find button to open the find and replace overlay, then search for "mm_searchfield_menuitem". It should bring you to the portion of css that has to do with the styling of the menu.

If it is not in cssui.css, you'd open whatever file you saved that css to and edit it there

If you are looking for a way to make structural changes to the menu display, go to User Interface > Search Settings > Search Preview Settings. If you click on Advanced Mode at the bottom of that tab section, a Menu Item Template will appear, allowing you to manually change each menu item's html (and therefore change css classnames, etc).

If you meant something else entirely, let me know and I'll try to work it out with you.
          Ryan Guisewite
          Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
          www.miva.com

Comment

Ok on the styling issue but just go to fastees.com to the search page and click around on the facets and see it crash.

Comment

Agreed - After today's update, faceted search does not work for anything other than price and sorting. Same on my dev sites.
              Colin Puttick
              Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

I even did a test on my dev site before and after the update to 9.07.02.
                Colin Puttick

Comment

No more feedback here?

Comment

Originally posted by fastees View Post
                    No more feedback here?
                    Hey fastees

I'm looking into this to try and see what's going on. Category and price (and according to dreamingdigital sorting) seem to be working fine on your store, as does shipping forecast. The one that seems to be giving trouble is Style Details (style_details)... At least for the "Pitt" search results and a few others I did. I am assuming that Style Details is a custom field? Is shipping forecast (product_flags) also a custom field? So far I have been unable to replicate your issue. Trying to gather as much info as possible so I can dig a little deeper and see where the issue is stemming from.
                    Ryan Guisewite
                    www.miva.com

Comment

It is also not working properly anymore on Miva's dev store:
                      Searh for P http://elements.mivareadythemes.com/....html?Search=p
                      And then under "Brand" select the "Generic" one which should have 5 results
                      http://elements.mivareadythemes.com/...&brand=Generic
                      And you get none.

I have the same thing happening on all my sites.
                      Colin Puttick

Comment

Shipping forecast is a custom field. I see it crashing all over the place on shipping forecast and style details. I can't believe you can't replicate this problem. It does not take me many tries. Thank you for taking a look at this. I obviously cannot use this much longer as it is.

K

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post
                          It is also not working properly anymore on Miva's dev store:
                          Searh for P http://elements.mivareadythemes.com/....html?Search=p
                          And then under "Brand" select the "Generic" one which should have 5 results
                          http://elements.mivareadythemes.com/...&brand=Generic
                          And you get none.

I have the same thing happening on all my sites.
                          Are you using custom fields? That "brand" is a custom field as well. The fields fastees is having issues with... also custom fields. Do you see a failure case anywhere else other than when using custom fields for sites? You mentioned that price is working, are you using attributes or categories, and do they work?
                          Ryan Guisewite
                          www.miva.com

Comment

fastees and dreamingdigital

Since I have access to the elements.mivareadythemes.com site (the one that dreamingdigital pointed out), I was able to do some logging and traced the issue down to the source. To verify, do the following:

Go to User Interface > Search Settings > Search Settings tab section.
                            Deselect the custom fields currently in "Searchable Custom Fields" and click Update
                            In runtime, view your search page and attempt to apply one of your custom field facets (for you fastees , that would be both your style details and shipping forecast facets)

If that fixes it, then the bug has been filed and a fix should be released in the next update. The issue is that there is a duplicate table alias being generated by custom fields when the custom field is both marked as a facet AND is added as a searchable custom field in User Interface > Search Settings > Search Settings > Searchable Custom Fields. While waiting for the fix to be released, removing the custom fields from the Searchable custom fields will at least allow the products to appear (although they will not be searchable). Or you could do the reverse... allow them to be searchable, but don't mark them as facet from the Utilities > Custom Fields > Edit Custom Field dialog > Facet checkbox. Neither workaround is ideal, of course, but will at least not result in errors in the query until a fix is put out.

Let me know if the above is NOT the same as the issue happening on your store and we can work on getting more details with your store specifically so we can figure out what's going on and fix it.
                            Ryan Guisewite
                            www.miva.com

Comment

It running considerably better but if you click deep enough it still will crash. This is acceptable for now. Thank you for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X