Coupons - Disqualifying Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupons - Disqualifying Products

With the recent update to the built-in coupon function, we've received product exclusions. This has greatly improved how we are able to use our price groups. However, there is a caveat. Exclusions can only be applied to 'Product Discounts' and not to 'Basket Discounts'. Herein lies our problem. The Stone Edge Order Manager module handles 'Basket Discount' coupons perfectly, recognizing the coupon and reflecting it on the order. With a 'Product Discount' however, the coupon code is not properly recognized in the imported order. The product is correctly discounted, but there is nothing reflecting the customer's use of a coupon code. This skews our reporting.

I've reached out to MIVA support and was directed to Stone Edge support since this issue stems from the module. Stone Edge support remains, at best, non-responsive.

So, looking at this dilemma through a different lens, I'm wondering if it is currently possible to have a product "disqualify" a basket from a price group. This is a similar premise as the excluded products from 'Product Discount' price groups but would work on the basket level.

Would this be useful to other merchants? Would this cause havoc in the magical underpinnings of MIVA? Would Brennan slowly shake his head and smile knowingly? These are all things I'm interested in knowing.

On a side note, (at the risk of hijacking my own thread), any recommendations on a replacement for or upgrades to Stone Edge?

No head shaking here :)

We will be adding the ability for product discounts to get displayed as basket charges which will give you what your looking for. However this is slated for Miva 10 next year.

We've had other Stone Edge Merchants, make custom calls to Miva to pull data that wasn't naively available in the Stone Edge Connector. You could go this route as a stop gap to give you the data you need.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
    X