Price Group Discount - Excluded Product / Excluded Category Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Group Discount - Excluded Product / Excluded Category Not Working

Unfortunately I waited until the last minute to test this new functionality, and now it appears that the Excluded Products / Excluded Categories feature is not working for my 15% Off Black Friday Price Group.

I've tested several scenarios, and it seems that this issue is restricted to products with variants.

Price Group Setup is below:
    15% Off
    All Shoppers
    Product Discount
    Apply to All Products Unless Excluded

I tried to exclude Gift Cards (on the product level) from my "Black Friday" price group. When I view the items (Physical Gift Cards and Electronic Gift Cards) on the Category Page and Product Pages the discount is not displayed, but as soon as I select the attribute for the gift card value and add it to my basket, the item is discounted in the basket.

I then experimented with excluding the category "gloves." On the category page all gloves were displayed without the discounted price. When I added a glove to the basket that did not have a size variant the glove displayed in the basket without the discount as it should. However, when I added a glove with size variants to the basket, that glove DID apply the discount.

It's a little late in the game as this is all supposed to go live tonight, but if anyone else is doing last minute site prep for Black Friday and has come up with a solution (or experiences this situation differently) I'd love to hear back.

Thanks!
    Sid
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Does it work if you add the variants to the category, and/or exclude the variants at the product level?

Comment

There's not really a way to add variants independently to a category that I'm aware of... after they're generated they do not appear in the product list where you can select products to add to a category (or to a coupon exclusion for that matter.)

It seems like this would be a pretty big issue that others would have noticed, or that Miva would have caught... I wonder if I'm doing something wrong in the setup? I did refer to the reference guide and it seems like it should be a pretty simple procedure...
      Last edited by delcorsets; 11-23-17, 04:07 PM.
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

You can set your product list to show All instead of only Active, and they will appear. Click the Bulleted List icon and select All.

Oh, and same thing for excluding them from a price group. You just need to set your display to show all products.

Comment

Leanne,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I went into Category > Products > and then changed the Show Product List from "Active" to "All". This allowed me to select all the variants of my 2 Gift Card types and assign them to the Gift Card category. Once the variants were assigned to the category in that way the basket stopped discounting them! :) Worked like a charm!

In a situation with only 2 products, that solution worked perfectly (and is now in effect in my store.)

In the other situation however, where I tried to assigned a Price Group Category Exclusion for a category with about a hundred products, it would be pretty difficult and time consuming to find all the color/size variants of those products and then assign them to the parent category which is being excluded from the price group... I wonder if there is an easier way?
          Psydde Delicious
          Philadelphia, PA
          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Try doing a product export, importing into Excel, sorting by product code and then by category. That should get you a list of products followed by their variants, ordered by category (I think, anyway). A quick drag and fill, and then import back into Miva.

Comment

Working...
            X