URI question - Elements framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URI question - Elements framework

I'm uploading Categories (.csv files) into a new DEV site with CATEGORY_CODE , CATEGORY_NAME , CATEGORY_PAGE_TITLE , CATEGORY_PARENT_CODE
    Could someone explain why some categories are adding a -xxx sequence number to the end of my URI links and not others?
    Page Titles so far are all unique.
    /engine-cooler-kits-transmission-coolers-192.html
    /engine-cooler-kits-transmission-coolers.html
    When I manually regenerate URI in each Edit Cat. it seems go back to the normal link without the added sequence.

/<mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:category:slugified_page_title">
    <mvt:eval expr="tolower( l.settings:category:slugified_page_title )" />
    <mvt:else><mvt:eval expr="tolower( l.settings:category:slugified_name )" />
    </mvt:if>.html

I will have over 8,000 parent and Sub categories when finished.
    Any opinions on if I would I be better off using the Category code for the URI Link instead of the Page Titles?

Thank you for your time
    Mark

Hi Mark,

When the URI generator sees a duplicate, in this case a category name, it adds to the end of the name to generate a unique URI.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

I'm not sure I really understand.
      All Categories have an unique CATEGORY_CODE
      Each CATEGORY_NAME is also unique to that CATEGORY_CODE.
      But the CATEGORY_PAGE_TITLE is exactly the same as CATEGORY_NAME .

ALL of the 68 Test Categories had the same CATEGORY_PAGE_TITLE as the CATEGORY_NAME
      But only about 1/2 of the 68 I uploaded as a test had a Suffix added.

Is there a simple work around that you can suggest?

Comment

What does your import file look like?

You an also go into the admin and delete all URIs and re-generate them so you don't need to import them (assuming they are the slugified page name/title, etc)
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan, I did delete all URIs and re-generated and ALL of the URIs come out looking correct! Thank you.

I was using a basic standard category upload .csv for new & updating when I was getting the sequence number added to the end of the URIs.
          CATEGORY_CODE CATEGORY_NAME CATEGORY_PAGE_TITLE CATEGORY_PARENT_CODE
          ATP-Automatic-Transmission-Parts Automatic Transmission Parts Automatic Transmission Parts
          TOC-Transmission-Oil-Coolers Transmission Oil Coolers Transmission Oil Coolers
          MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts Manual Transmission Parts Manual Transmission Parts
          TCP-Transfer-Case-Catalog Transfer Case Parts Transfer Case Parts
          Antique-Transmission-parts Antique Automatic transmission parts Antique Automatic transmission parts ATP-Automatic-Transmission-Parts
          AT-Kit-Questions Automatic transmission Kit Questions Automatic transmission Kit Questions ATP-Automatic-Transmission-Parts
          MTP-Luk-Standard-Clutch-Set Manual transmission parts LUK Standard Clutches Manual transmission parts LUK Standard Clutches MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts
          MTP-Manual-Transmissons-Unit-Code Manual transmission parts Transmission Type Manual transmission parts Transmission Type MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts
          MTP-MT-Fluids-Chart Manual transmission parts Fluid Application Chart Manual transmission parts Fluid Application Chart MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts
          MTP-MT-Kit-info Manual transmission parts Bearing kit Information Manual transmission parts Bearing kit Information MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts
          MTP-MT-Parts-Make-Model-ID Manual transmission parts Make & Model Lookup Manual transmission parts Make & Model Lookup MTP-Manual-Transmission-Parts

Comment

Working...
          X