No announcement yet.

After Updating to Miva 9.07.03, Inactive products are showing in Category Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Updating to Miva 9.07.03, Inactive products are showing in Category Pages

I have upgraded 2 of my sites to Miva 9.07.03 and since then if we make a product inactive, its still showing in the category page, but if we go directly to the product or from the category the product itself cannot be accessed as its inactive

Is this a bug or Am I doing something wrong,

Thanks and appreciate it
    Keyboard Not Found..... Press F1 to continue

Hi Tammu

We current have a bug on the issue of setting a product to inactive not causing the product list cache to be updated. Until the fix is out I recommend running the “Delete Cached Product List Entries” scheduled task manually after setting any product to inactive.

Hope this helps

-Eric
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, but running the scheduled task manually is not fixing it for me. Any other suggestions?
      Todd Gibson
      Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

For what it's worth, this issue seemed to clear itself with time.
        Todd Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
          For what it's worth, this issue seemed to clear itself with time.
          It's probably because the scheduled task is set to delete "Expired Cached Product Lists." If you edit the schedule task and change the "Entries to Delete" to "All Cached Product Lists" and re-run the task, you'll should see the changes immediately.
          David Carver
          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

I am having the same problem. Where is this setting located? I have searched for "cache", "delete cached products" and other variations in the MIVA admin search box to no avail.
            Lynne Phelps
            Sy-Klone International
            www.sy-klone.com
            Reduce Costs and Increase Uptime with Air Precleaners for Engines & HVAC

Comment

Originally posted by lynnephelps View Post
              I am having the same problem. Where is this setting located? I have searched for "cache", "delete cached products" and other variations in the MIVA admin search box to no avail.
              Click on Menu >>> Store Settings and then on the tab for Scheduled Tasks. Contact support if you need any assistance ([email protected] or 800-608-6482).

Wayne
              Wayne Smith

Comment

Also remember that pages can be cached locally by your browser, so "shift-f5" (chrome/FF) to force a reload, or better yet, get an extension that ALWAYS prevents caching. (This also helps understand your customer's first time experiance. I've had several clients remark that their site seems fast, but gets low marks on Page Speed Tests because they have all the resources for their site cached.)
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

I had a hard time finding where to change the option too. Sometimes a picture helps.... Remember, after you disable a product, you'll need to go to the scheduled tasks page and manually run this scheduled task to make the product disappear from category pages immediately.

Capture.JPG
                  Todd Gibson

Comment

Working...
                  X